Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedding 2.0

After five years of living in "sinful" cohabitation, Jace and I have decided that we might as well make it legit, get the tax breaks and finally get married!
We have been through our fair share of extreme highs and lows; I've watched our friendship from childhood ebb and flow into a occasional drinking buddy, then a confidante and strong shoulder to lean on; now my best friend and no holds-barred cheerleader.   It's been a intense, exciting, frustrating, lovely, challenging ride but it really has been worth it all.  I've found the one that can put up with me at my utter worst and not bat a eye.  So - I'll use this blog much like the old one.  Minus the boring and plus wedding overload!  I'll be using you, dear readers to help me figure this whole wedding out.  Because right now I was a chic, non-trad, funky, vintage, small, medium, large, DIY, rustic outdoor wedding and that just sounds like a clash fest!!! =D
So this will be my idea spring board - prepare yourselves for something quite girly!


This is the 2nd wedding for us both (oh hamburgers.........that makes me sound - ruined) so we are keeping it on the small side and foregoing all the traditional bits.  We just want our close family and friends, a beautiful day and a happy, love-filled future.


I get around to posting a ticker on here at some point; right now I am just absorbing everything.  My first marriage was a failure for a multitude of reasons but having my future MIL tell me how my wedding was going to be; should have been a warning flag.
Having almost full control of this wedding makes me infinitely happier and more at ease.  I want this wedding to say "Us" from start to finish; and I promise you it will.


Post again soon (possibly today) I have a Pinterest addiction that has grown exponentially since I have begun planning the wedding!!!!


Tschuss!


Hanie

No comments:

Post a Comment