Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wedding Bouquet

When it came to making lists, I made sure to make one of all the things I missed or was not given the opportunity to do; in the practice wedding of '05.  Which was basically everything.  One thing that was top on my list of "wants" is wedding bouquet that is NOT made of flowers.
Flowers are lovely.  I am getting gorgeous centerpieces made and the whole wedding is going to be dripping in the native growing flowers and the simplicity of nature already.  I want something different.  Off beat.  Me.
So I Googled.  I don't Bing.  Neither should you.
Google is a DIY wedding planners dream - you can find anything and tutorial on how to do things that you would normally pay someone $$$$ to do; when in reality - it is all a cinch.  You just need craftiness, a trip to Michael's and the ability to realize that it is going to be perfect.  Your perfect.



So Google led me to "Brooch Bouquets."  I have seen them before but they look awfully expensive and really hard to make.    I was wrong - DIY is so much cheaper and I  feel like this wedding is going to be just that much more special if I make the memories.  It is just one day but I want to have all this stuff to look back on.
Derailed - back on track.  So here is some ideas of brooch bouquets:





This is my favorite one - the one I'm using for inspiration.  LOVE the colors!

Here is a pretty one with flowers - which kind of defeats the purpose of my "anti-flower" bouquet but still a option in case I can't come up with the 50 - 75 broaches/earrings in 18 months!


I am considering one like this but with antique and vintage "hankies" instead of gauche fabric.




 Another option - the brooch ball.  You carry it around your wrist.  Love it!

Mum and I spent Saturday together and hit up a few antique and vintage stores (she hates them; other people's "junk."  LOL!)  and I found my first few pieces.  I'm not going with any "theme" here; other brides will only use flower brooches or white gold or certain colors palettes.    I want color and whimsy and sparkle and BAM!  I want to be the bride everyone copies =D


Here are the first few sweet pieces that have been added, thus far:


Mum bought this one for me - it has all of the colors that I choose (I did pick a color scheme; Wisteria, but I plan on it being a color explosion.) and a great jumping off piece!!!  My favorite by far!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink.  I <3 Butterfly's.  This brooch is ideal and says "me"!


It came with 2 clip on earrings - which I plan on incorporating in the bouquet or the mothers pin somehow.

If you know me - you know I am not the biggest fan of "gold" gold;  I prefer white gold.  As a redhead it clashes HORRIBLY with my skin!  I still couldn't pass up this sweet little garnet flower.  There will be more "gold" gold added as the days go by (I assume), and this little petal stole my heart.


I'll post more as the brooches come in and the bouquet starts taking shape.  As always, would appreciate any and all comments regarding this idea or any of the others that will start floating around.  I'm using this blog as my DIY spring board and will be using all of you as a sounding board.  Sound on!

Off to enjoy the 65 degree weather with Jace down by the river!

Hanie

  


No comments:

Post a Comment